Human Resources Business Partner
Ascot Capital Group
Ascot Capital Group is a privately held holding company headquartered in Montréal, Canada. The group consists of operating lighting companies as well as real estate assets such as Stanpro, AimLite, LumenTruss, BeLuce and Gabriel Scott. Ascot supports its operating businesses by providing strategic guidance, by ensuring their funding growth, and offering financial, information technology (IT), and human resources support.
The Ascot Capital Group offers a stimulating work environment where each person has the opportunity to develop their talent and reinvent their daily lives. We make every effort to facilitate a balance between personal and professional life while working hard and having fun.
As human resources business partner, you report to the Director of Human Resources. As such, you are responsible for acting as a strategic partner in the identification of workforce issues, the development and implementation of measures required to address operational challenges, and leadership development.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Offer highly specialized and diversified advice to all hierarchical levels and exert influence with various partners.
- Initiate and continuously foster strategic changes and innovative solutions.
- Exercise recognized leadership in supporting managers and employees on a daily basis.
- Identify training needs within all departments and take part in the development and monitoring of training plans.
- Diagnose complex situations and recommend proactive and practical solutions that promote managers’ autonomy.
- Act as a contact person for all employee inquiries and questions.
- Ensure the communication of various human resources topics throughout all the companies.
- Participate in the prevention component of health and safety (assume the management of the health and safety committee as well as the evacuation committee; make recommendations, manage the mutual prevention file.).
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply appropriate sections of applicable laws, directives, regulations and policies;
- Demonstrate a great capacity to influence others;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Excellent time management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Great ability to work autonomously.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human resources, industrial relations, administration, or the equivalent;
- Three to five years of relevant experience as a Human resource generalist;
- Member of CPHR, desirable;
- Experienced in project management;
- Experience in a consulting role with managers and senior management.
The Ascot Capital Group Advantage
Our corporate culture is also based on the values of inclusion and diversity that drive our competitive advantage. We, at Ascot Capital Group, are proud of our commitment to the community and all the initiatives we support.
Ascot subscribes to an equal access program. We encourage applications from target groups (women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities). Persons with disabilities are invited to mention their specific needs to plan for assistance and accommodation during the selection process. The masculine gender is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of streamlining the text.
We thank all those who applied, but only selected candidates will be contacted.